Use a Timer With Your Heated Blanket

I have an electric mattress pad that I put on a timer. It goes on at midnight and off at 9 am. The bed is nice and warm to crawl into, and is cooling off as I wake up. No more forgetting to shut it off after I get up.

Source: Tired of high electric bill from not shutting it off.

By Joandogs from Norwell, MA

November 12, 2009 Flag

We have a heated mattress pad. I had tired of getting into a cold bed when I had forgotten to turn the blanket on earlier. I thought why not use a timer just like I do with my small appliances? Now I set my timer to come on an hour or so before I plan to go to bed, and to turn off after I get up.

By Viki from Abbeville, AL

Answers:

Use a Timer With Your Heated Blanket

Both you and I thought of the same thing! I set mine to turn on about 1/2 hour before I go to bed. The other things that I've done is: since I need glasses to see, couldn't turn it down to #3 on the dial. I put a reinforcement label (clear, as you'd use in a loose leaf notebook) over #3 and I can see that number quite well. (02/17/2009)

By JoanDogs

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes