Remedy For Burnt Soup?

I made a huge pot of vegetable soup and the bottom scorched. I removed the soup, cleaned the pot and put the soup back in, but it tastes like burnt soup. How do I get rid of that taste?

By April from Connersville, IN

Best Answer

I was making split pea soup. The flame must have been a bit too high and bottom of pot got scorched. Soup smelled and tasted burnt. I used the cinnamon solution and it took away the burnt smell and taste. You need to keep adding it until soup tastes normal. Thank you!

Thank you! I just tried the cinnamon solution and it worked! It saved two cuts of chuck roast and many potatoes, carrots and beans! Thank you---cinnamon stands for goodness!

what is the cinnamon solution?

Best Answer

The cinnamon solution is to add in a tablespoon or so of cinnamon to your pot of soup. It will help to counteract the burnt flavor. Vinegar is also supposed to be good for masking the flavor. I would just add in a little bit, taste it and then continue adding until the soup doesn't taste so burned.

Best Answer

The vinegar and cinnamon totally saved my chicken and dumplings! Thank you so much ladies!! <3

Mandy Y

Do not stir, but pour all loose soup in to another container. Do not scrape bottom burnt part. I did this just a few weeks ago and the soup had no burnt taste. Mine was scorched so badly, it was difficult for me to scrape off the pan after soaking for a day with dish soap. But every bit of soup was enjoyed without anyone knowing, but me.

Thanks for the advice ladies. I just followed your advice and It saved my soup. I reheated the soup that my mother in law made. She took her time since last night and she finished early this morning. Oops I didn't mean it. I was in a big trouble few minutes ago. Only my 25 months old baby and you guys know about it ;) I gave up and I prayed about it.

Thank God for you. You really were an answer to my prayers.

Next time that it happens to any of you, and you scratch the pot unintentionally just change the pot anyway and put apple cider or vinegar until the flavor and smell disappear. It reallyworks ;) xo

Used the cinnamon on my scorched pea soup. It worked! Thanks, everyone.

By Rita

I added black pepper and balsamic vinegar to a big pot of burnt veggie soup - really helped!

Food and Recipes Food Tips Food FixesNovember 16, 2009
Burnt Food
Removing Burnt Food Smell from House
Burnt Cookie Sheet
Cleaning Burnt Cookie Sheets
Bowl of cream of tomato soup garnished with chives.
Freezing Tomato Soup
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Fixing Burnt Sausage
🎉
🎄