Dawn for Soap Scum Removal

For soap scum removal I've never found anything that works better than Dawn Dishwashing Liquid. A little bit on a wet rag is all it takes. For shower doors, follow with a rinse and a quick swipe of a squeegee (you can find one at the dollar store). For everything else just rinse and wipe dry.

By Celinda from Pittsburgh, PA

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

I also use dawn dishwash to remover bugs & tar from my car . I let it soak for a few minutes then rub with wet cloth....

Wow, thanks for the tip! I have always used Dawn, but did not realize it could remove soap scum, the price is right also!

Jennifer

Northrn Virginia

Dawn has ammonia in it, that is why it probably works.

Just a suggestion, try some other quality detergent & add some ammonia and see if you get similiar results.

don't use dawn on a regular basis on your car. If you do be sure to wax after as it removes any wax that was already on the surface. It pulls out all of the important oils on your paint causing it to dry out and eventually flake off.

I never would use Dawn on my car!

Jennifer

Northern Virginia

I work in a hospital and we also use dawn to clean up blood. It really works great to get dried blood out of hair.

Comment

Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomApril 6, 2006
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
dawn for fleas
Dawn Dishsoap For Fleas
cleaning a tub
Removing Soap Scum from a Plastic Tub
Washing Machine
Cleaning Soap Scum Out of a Washing Machine
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 10, 2016 at 11:38:12 AM on 10.0.0.251 in 382 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.