Whirlpool Refrigerator Is Leaking Water Inside

I have a Whirlpool/Gold refrigerator that is 8 yrs old. It has and still is working fine except recently there is water on the top shelf and more water under the two crisper drawers. I checked the ice maker and it isn't leaking. I can't understand nor find where the water in coming from. There is no outside drain tube like on my old previous fridge which was where I could clear a clog if needed.

I defrosted the fridge for two whole days and after starting it again, the water seemed to stop for about three weeks, but it started leaking again. If something is blocked where do I find whatever is blocked? If there is a drain tube then where is it inside the fridge? Anyone else have this problem and how did you fix it? Help.

By Joe

Answers

November 19, 2012 Flag

I have a Whirlpool/Gold refrigerator. I have been finding water underneath the crisper drawers and don't know where it is coming from. I do have an ice cube maker. Anyone have the same problem?

Joe

By betes51

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

If your frig has an automatic defrost feature, it is probably coming from there - however mine drains outside underneath the frig. You probably are going to need a repair man. Call all in your area for price quotes before hiring anyone.

Bexpress

Before calling a repairman, try this. Somewhere at the back of the fridge is a small hole situated on a little shelf - mine is just above the crisper boxes which is supposed to allow for drainage. Insert a plastic straw into the hole and blow hard. It could simply be that the drainage hole is blocked. This happened to me.

Refrigerator
Refrigerator is Leaking Water
Home and Garden Repair Appliances RefrigeratorMay 5, 2011
Refrigerator Water Dispenser
Changing Your Refrigerator Water Filter
Refrigerator's Ice Maker
Refrigerator's Ice Maker Leaking Water
An open dishwasher full of clean dishes.
Fixing a Leaking Dishwasher
View of the water line.
Flushing a Refrigerator Water Line
🎉
🎄