Browsing: Repairing Bleach Stains on Carpet

Clorox Stains on Carpet

How do I get Clorox stains out of my carpet? My Clorox bottle tipped over and spilled and splashed some sections on my carpet. It now looks pinkish in color. Any suggestions?

Bridget from AZ

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Actually that is not a stain, that is a bleached out spot. there is no remedy.

randysgrandma

Call a carpet cleaning company. Some of them offer a dye service for problems like this. I've never had to do this, so I can't say if it works or not, how well they can match the color of your carpet, or how long it lasts.

You might be able to cover the spots with an area rug.

The area rug sounds like a good plan if you don't want to replace the whole carpet. Clorox removes color, it doesn't lay a stain over it like punch does.

I agree, there is no remedy, did this myself. Used the bleach drops in the humidifier when I ran out of treatment liquid. NOT THE SAME. Wish it were.

Smarter now.

CUT IT OUT AND GLUE A PIECE FROM AN INCONSPICUOUS SPOT IN TO THAT PLACE. LIKE FROM A CLOSET ETC.

Agreed that you can't "undo" what's been done.

If you do decide to replace the area w/a piece of carpet, say, from inside a hall closet, be sure to cut both the old and new pieces as a wavey circle shape of sorts. This will help "hide" the lines of the cut once replaced. If you cut it as a square shape they will be easily seen and always shifting, or the corners curling up. (I worked for a carpet retailer/wholesaler/installer/freighter for several years.)

It would actually be best to hire a reputable, professional carpet installer to do this job.

Agreed, once the bleach has had time to 'set' you're pretty-much stuck with the consequences. You could try re-dying the carpet however here's another who agrees: replace that piece of carpet with a piece that was underneath furniture; you could switch the pieces; most people won't see a 'bad dye job' that's underneath furniture - smile. I've had this problem with carpet and clothing. My attempts at restoring color have yet been satisfactory however I'll keep on trying until I'm happy with the results.

Good luck with your efforts. Keep us posted :o)

Actually I did this in spots and the size of half my hand..they were light pink in color and my carpet was light beige. I watered down a beige colour of acrylic paint (craft store) used a small craft brush and worked it into the carpet then blotted with paper towel

It came out great and no hard dried areas because I really thined it out..I only needed a little paint..I picked out two colours in case the lighter beige color was not dark enough and could then add a drop or two of the medium colour

It is best to start out lighyet cause you can always add to make it a little darker than vice versa. Good luck

Bleach Bottle
Repairing Bleach Stains on Carpet
Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetSeptember 21, 2008
Photo of a yellow rubber glove.
Making Your Own Clorox Ready Mop Pads
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
spray bottle
Homemade "Clorox Cleanup" Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 26, 2016 at 1:08:06 PM on 10.0.0.139 in 419 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.