Share Crafts
Ask
Share
Newsletter
Account
About

Clorox Stains on Carpet

0EmailPrintFollowSave

How do I get Clorox stains out of my carpet? My Clorox bottle tipped over and spilled and splashed some sections on my carpet. It now looks pinkish in color. Any suggestions?

Bridget from AZ

By

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Sandra 2 09/21/2008 Flag

Actually that is not a stain, that is a bleached out spot. there is no remedy.

randysgrandma

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By KJ (Guest Post) 09/22/2008 Flag

Call a carpet cleaning company. Some of them offer a dye service for problems like this. I've never had to do this, so I can't say if it works or not, how well they can match the color of your carpet, or how long it lasts.

You might be able to cover the spots with an area rug.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Shirley Darby 7 47 09/22/2008 Flag

The area rug sounds like a good plan if you don't want to replace the whole carpet. Clorox removes color, it doesn't lay a stain over it like punch does.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Grandma J 54 1,040 09/22/2008 Flag

I agree, there is no remedy, did this myself. Used the bleach drops in the humidifier when I ran out of treatment liquid. NOT THE SAME. Wish it were.
Smarter now.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By carol camp 1 3 09/22/2008 Flag

CUT IT OUT AND GLUE A PIECE FROM AN INCONSPICUOUS SPOT IN TO THAT PLACE. LIKE FROM A CLOSET ETC.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Krikit 37 09/23/2008 Flag

Agreed that you can't "undo" what's been done.

If you do decide to replace the area w/a piece of carpet, say, from inside a hall closet, be sure to cut both the old and new pieces as a wavey circle shape of sorts. This will help "hide" the lines of the cut once replaced. If you cut it as a square shape they will be easily seen and always shifting, or the corners curling up. (I worked for a carpet retailer/wholesaler/installer/freighter for several years.)

It would actually be best to hire a reputable, professional carpet installer to do this job.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By gator 1 46 09/25/2008 Flag

Agreed, once the bleach has had time to 'set' you're pretty-much stuck with the consequences. You could try re-dying the carpet however here's another who agrees: replace that piece of carpet with a piece that was underneath furniture; you could switch the pieces; most people won't see a 'bad dye job' that's underneath furniture - smile. I've had this problem with carpet and clothing. My attempts at restoring color have yet been satisfactory however I'll keep on trying until I'm happy with the results.

Good luck with your efforts. Keep us posted :o)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes