Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Homemade Jet Dry Recipe

I just got a new dishwasher and it recommends using a Jet Dry type of solution for best results. Is there a way to make a homemade or very inexpensive solution?

By Linda from Vista, CA

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By dezb201006/07/2013

Vinegar is not recommended. The acid could corrode the rubber in your dishwasher!

By Joan [19]09/26/2010

Fill your rinse dispenser with plain vinegar - no need for expensive rinses. Your dishes will shine and so will your dishwasher.

By Beth [25]09/17/2010

Vinegar

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Homemade Jet Dry Recipe

Does anyone have a recipe for the Jet Dry that goes into the dishwasher to remove spots from glassware?

Rose from Malvern, PA

RE: Homemade JetDry Recipe

I usually add 1/2 cup of vinegar in my dishwasher. Since I have been doing this, I have not had a problem with water spots on any of my dishes. (03/11/2008)

By speedrack08

RE: Homemade JetDry Recipe

Put white vinegar in the JetDry dispenser. Don't put it IN the dishwasher with the soap as it will make the detergent less powerful. The vinegar will cancel the detergent out. (03/12/2008)

By Carol in PA

RE: Homemade JetDry Recipe

White vinegar - I fill the reservoir with it and it works better than Jet Dry! (03/12/2008)

By JoanDogs

RE: Homemade JetDry Recipe

Thank you all. What a simple solution. Do you need to fill the JetDry dispenser each time? (03/12/2008)

By RealtorRose

RE: Homemade JetDry Recipe

No need to fill every time. Just fill to capacity. If your dishwasher has an indicator when the rinse aid is empty, you'll know it's time to refill! (03/13/2008)

By Beth

RE: Homemade JetDry Recipe

You say that Vinegar removes spots on dishes, but does vinegar dry the dishes too? How does Jet Dry dry the dishes? It amazes me how it can do this! (10/22/2008)

By Janet