Homemade Jet Dry Recipe

I just got a new dishwasher and it recommends using a Jet Dry type of solution for best results. Is there a way to make a homemade or very inexpensive solution?

By Linda from Vista, CA

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Vinegar

Fill your rinse dispenser with plain vinegar - no need for expensive rinses. Your dishes will shine and so will your dishwasher.

Vinegar is not recommended. The acid could corrode the rubber in your dishwasher!

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Does anyone have a recipe for the Jet Dry that goes into the dishwasher to remove spots from glassware?

Rose from Malvern, PA

Answers:

Homemade JetDry Recipe

I usually add 1/2 cup of vinegar in my dishwasher. Since I have been doing this, I have not had a problem with water spots on any of my dishes. (03/11/2008)

By speedrack08

Homemade JetDry Recipe

Put white vinegar in the JetDry dispenser. Don't put it IN the dishwasher with the soap as it will make the detergent less powerful. The vinegar will cancel the detergent out. (03/12/2008)

By Carol in PA

Homemade JetDry Recipe

White vinegar - I fill the reservoir with it and it works better than Jet Dry! (03/12/2008)

By JoanDogs

Homemade JetDry Recipe

Thank you all. What a simple solution. Do you need to fill the JetDry dispenser each time? (03/12/2008)

By RealtorRose

Homemade JetDry Recipe

No need to fill every time. Just fill to capacity. If your dishwasher has an indicator when the rinse aid is empty, you'll know it's time to refill! (03/13/2008)

By Beth

Homemade JetDry Recipe

You say that Vinegar removes spots on dishes, but does vinegar dry the dishes too? How does Jet Dry dry the dishes? It amazes me how it can do this! (10/22/2008)

By Janet

Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning Supply Recipes DishesSeptember 14, 2010
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
WetJet Package
Unclogging a Swiffer Wet Jet
Swiffer Wet Jet
Replacing the Bottle on a Swiffer Wet Jet
Swiffer Wet Jet
Changing the Batteries on a Swiffer Wet Jet
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 8, 2016 at 11:18:29 AM on 10.0.1.76 in 781 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.