Is Vinegar Harmful to Hamsters?

When cleaning my hamster's cage I used Distilled White Vinegar to remove the urnie stains. It wasn't all dry when I returned my hammie to the cage and she managed to lick some up. Is this harmful for her or not?

Maheejee from Alpine, TX

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Simple answer to your question...Is she still alive?

Urine stains or sediment...I just straped it off the cage with a flat knife and didn't worry about getting it all off, 'cause the hamster will make the stain there again. I also had the hamster in an old aquarium which meant that when I straped the area I was scraping glass not plastic, like many hamster cages are made of. Glass is very easy to clean.

yes it very harm ful it clogs up there throught and makes them choke

Close up of hamster in cage
Cleaning a Hamster Cage
Pets HamstersOctober 17, 2005
vinegar and baking soda
Uses for Vinegar
Baking Soda and Vinegar
Cleaning With Baking Soda and Vinegar
killing weeds
Planting After Killing Weeds With Vinegar
Vinegar Bottle
Removing Vinegar Smell from Carpet
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 4:49:24 PM on 10.0.0.21 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.