Cleaning Washable Suede

How do I get an ink stain out of a washable - tan, suede jacket. I tried rubbing alcohol but now there is a mark left on it. Should I put it in the washer?

Lori from Saginaw, MI

Cleaning sneaker Suede w/ blue dye on it

What temperature do i use 4 my washable suede jacket?

How can one remove stains - apparently ink stains? All other stains washed out with just water -- but these turned from black to green -- now I fear that there are permanent. Unfortunately a tan-colored washable suede jacket.

December 27, 2006 Flag

How do you clean washable suede?

Debby from Byron. IL

Answers:

Cleaning Washable Suede

Washable suede... is... washable! I just throw mine in the washer and dryer like usual. As for the ring around the collar, pretreat with shampoo. And lipstick is tough, but it is composed of wax primarily, so start with some denatured alcohol and dab the stain, then follow with dishwashing detergent, and dab. Then I would spray with Shout or Zout and let it sit, then wash. (11/01/2006)

By thriftyengineer

October 29, 2006 Flag

I have a washable suede jacket that has stains on it that do not come out with regular washing. Any suggestions on what to use to remove the stains. One stain is lipstick, there's a ring around the collar from my makeup and there's a stain on the back from when I was carrying it and dropped it on the floor in a store. It seems to hold on to stains very tightly!

Thank you,
Bisquit

Answers:

Cleaning Washable Suede

You might want to try Fels Naptha. I don't know if it would be okay for suede or not, but it is good at getting stains out of material. It's a dark gritty bar soap but it gets almost everything out. You'll have to put it on and rub the garment together over the stain for a while. You should see it coming out.

Good luck! (12/23/2004)

By G. C.

Cleaning Washable Suede

To prevent neckline stains, my Mother told me a lady always uses a scarf at the nechline. (12/08/2005)

By the Oracle

Home and Garden Cleaning StainsDecember 27, 2006
Suede Couch
Cleaning Cat Urine From Suede
Blue Suede Couch in Carpeted  Living Room
Cleaning Suede
Suede Jacket
Cleaning Stains on Suede Clothing
Suede Boots
Cleaning Suede Boots
🎉
🎄