By Anne from Linden, NJ
Another 'do not'! Clean the hot wax out with super duper hot water in the sink instead!
Do not put used candle jars, cups, holders in the microwave to remove the wax unless you are sure the wick was not held in by a metal base. From experience, the microwave might spark, become damaged, or worse.
Warming the candle wax might actually make it harder to remove. I've heard you should put candlesticks, etc., in the freezer, so the wax will peel off cleanly. Because warm wax leaves a messy residue behind.
Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to answer this question.