Cabbage, Rice and Beef Casserole Recipe

I need a good recipe for Cabbage Casserole that has ground beef and rice included in the recipe. I can't seem to find the really good recipe I had. Thanks!

Dee from Franklin, LA

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

This is a recipe I recently posted on my blog.

Stuffed Cabbage Casserole

2 cups grated cabbage (or cole slaw mix)

1/2 pound ground beef, pork or turkey

1 1/2 cups tomato sauce

1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth

1 cup rice, cooked

In large skillet or medium saucepan, cook meat until lightly browned. Drain fat and place meat in a covered container.

In same skillet, place cabbage and 1 cup of tomato sauce. Saute for 20-30 minutes or to desired tenderness.

Mix cooked meat and rice into the cabbage. Add the rest of the tomato sauce and broth. Season to taste with salt, pepper, dried minced onion, dried parsley flakes, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, etc. Heat thoroughly.

Serves 4

ource: my blog

http://www.samaree.com/2009/03/17/267/

Cabbage Roll Casserole

1 medium head cabbage

1 lb. ground beef

1 onion, chopped

&frac; tsp salt

&frac; pepper

&frac; cup rice

1 can (29 ounce) tomato sauce or more (you want it to be saucy, add what you think best)

1/3  1/2 cup water

Mix ground beef, onion, salt and pepper and rice. Mix well.

Chop cabbage and place 1/2 of the head in a black covered enamel roaster. Place ground beef mixture on top of the cabbage. Put rest of head of cabbage over the meat mixture.

Mix tomato sauce with water. Pour over cabbage and meat.

Bake at 300º oven for 3 hours or 350º for 1 &frac; hours or till cabbage is tender.

This is so much easier than making stuffed cabbage rolls and the taste is the same!

Go to Eastern Europe.About.com They have stuffed cabbage leaves using ground beef, rice and tomato sauce. You won't be disappointed.

Cabbage Roll Casserole:

Brown 1 lb. ground beef to which has been added 1 finely chopped onion and 1 garlic clove, finely diced. Drain. Add 1 t. salt and dash of pepper, 1 T. Worcestershire sauce, 1 can Tomato soup, 1 c. hot water, and 3 T. long grain rice. Pour over 3 c. coarsely shredded cabbage. Top with 1 c. grated cheese. Bake 1 1/2 hrs. at 325 degrees.

This is a huge favorite of my son!

Answer

Ground Beef Casserole
Ground Beef Casserole Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes CasserolesMarch 16, 2009
Scoop of brown rice. Freezing brown rice.
Freezing Brown Rice
Side of Spanish rice.
Making Spanish Rice in the Rice Cooker
Growing Cabbage, Selecting Good Broccoli, Freezing Cabbage
Freezing Cabbage
Bok choy growing in a field.
Growing Chinese Cabbage
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 24, 2016 at 11:17:53 PM on 10.0.1.78 in 656 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.