Baked Ziti Soup Recipe

I am looking for a way to make a soup using baked Ziti. I have heard of spaghetti soup, but I don't know what to add to make ziti into a soup.

By Shirley from NV

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I have never heard of spaghetti soup before. I might have to try that.

Here is a recipe for spaghetti soup to use as a guide. I see it uses beef broth and spaghetti sauce (plus some water) as the base. I would just wing it and start there to thin the ziti down to soup consistency, then add some veggies or even some beans of some type and a bit more spices if needed. Maybe instead of more spaghetti sauce since your ziti already has that you could use tomatoes in some form (sauce or pureed or diced etc) so it doesn't end up too sweet.

You wont need anywhere near the water they use since your pasta is already cooked. And I would think you would want to not heat it up together too long on the stove since the ziti is already baked you don't want the pasta to get mushy. Just long enough to heat through and let the flavors blend a bit.

http://www.tast  s/Spaghetti-Soup

Food and Recipes Recipes SoupsFebruary 27, 2010
Lasagna Soup
Lasagna Soup Recipes
Mashed potatoes with bacon and cheese.
Twice Baked Mashed Potato Recipes
Bowl of cream of tomato soup garnished with chives.
Freezing Tomato Soup
Carving a Turkey
Using Your Turkey Bones for Soup
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 8:07:32 PM on 10.0.1.121 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.