Removing Printer Ink From Skin

Category Miscellaneous
When filling an ink cartridge it is easy to get some on your hands. This guide is about removing printer ink from skin.

I got a lot of black printer ink on my hands. The only household cleaner that removed it was Shout Stain Remover. It removed the ink completely with 3 applications.

By DaniGirl from New Windsor, NY

Answer Was this helpful? 3
Best Answer

Lava soap and/or cleanser like Comet worked for me.

Best Answer

I use hand sanitizer to take out ink. The alchol in the sanitizer is what does the trick.

Best Answer

Baby wipes are another item that removes almost anything. Just scrub down with a baby wipe and you are as good as new. I use them all the time in crafting. I really think they are great.

Gem

I tried several different chemicals/solutions & soaps to remove aftermarket blue canon ink from my hands, they all did nothing. I googled how do you remove it, and I was directed to your site. I read several of the solutions and most were what I had already tried with absolutely no success. Then I read the bleach one which I had never tried before. The bleach one is immediate and in less than 2 or 3 minutes there was absolutely no dye at all left on my hands, they were spotless. I was amazed that it worked so quickly. I then finished washing up with soap & water to get rid of the bleach residue.

Editor's Note: Bleach should be diluted before using on the skin.

Anonymous

Thank you Thank you That worked great.

Anonymous

I found alcohol to be of no use. Baby wipes get of the surface stuff. The deep stains came of best with alternating Shout and bleach, until it was mostly gone. Then, and good wash with soap and water. I also did all the cleaning with a non metallic scouring pad. I have plenty of disposable gloves to wear, and this reminded me to take the time to put some on the next time.

Bleach is fabulous after trying at least 10 other recommended things. It was simple and quick. Thank you.

Anonymous

Resolve Spray N Wash laundry Pre-Treat spray. I was amazed...

What just worked for me is Mr. Clean Magic Eraser! Those sponge things are great for all kinds of things.

Bleach WORKS. Be patient with heavy stains, wash thoroughly with soap and water after.

How do I get ink cartridge ink off my hands?

By Ron from Princeton, ON

Best Answer

Many Blesssings! I had cartridge ink on my hands. I tried rubbing alcohol it didn't work. Bleach took it off instantly. Make sure you dilute and wash hands afterwards. Thanks again. 9/1/08

Best Answer

I used Milton! Worked a treat :-)

Best Answer

Try hairspray, rubbing alcohol or hand sanitizer.

Best Answer

Try scrubbing your hands with white toothpaste and a nail brush. Works for me.

I tried the hand sanitizer, nail polish remover, but the thing that worked the best was the full strength bleach on dry hands. Rubbed it in and voila it was gone. Wash your hand thoroughly and lotion after words.

Bleach is the best! tried hand sanitizer (no luck), polish remover (no luck), then read the bleach comment and as noted. Voila! Don't waste your time, grab the bottle of bleach from your laundry and do the damn thing

Anonymous

Jackie, Thank you so much for your suggestion to use bleach. It worked GREAT!! I had tried several other things but none worked. Your idea was wonderful. Thank you

Anonymous

I used a Clorox disinfectant wipe, and it came off instantly as well. It must be the bleach...

Removing a supposedly empty inkjet cartridge, I got black ink on my hand and down my bare leg to my feet. After reading about quite a few cleaning techniques, I tried my favorite sink and bathroom cleaner, Bar Keepers Friend Soft Cleanser (26 oz liquid in gold bottle - be SURE to SHAKE IT!). I applied it using a surgeon's scrub brush (Anchor Cub Scrub), the best brush I've ever found ... small and perfect stiffness and lasts forever. The ink came off like it was just dirt.

Yes Bleach, Thank you!