Overwintering Pentas

Do you have a plant in the yard that is just beautiful but will die when the frost and snow come? I have 2 Pentas plant, Google it, they are pretty! Hummingbirds love them.

Last fall, I dug them out, went to the Goodwill and bought 2 large containers, drilled drainage holes and put a big saucer underneath. I used a grow light all winter. They bloomed all winter!

In the spring, I just took the containers outside, the plants stayed in bloom all season, and grew! Now when fall comes, I just need to transport them back into the house. Now I have no broken heart over them dying, and saved $ from not replacing!

By freedombelle2001 from Bellevue, N.E

I've never heard of pentas. I do try to attract hummingbirds so I will definitely google this. Thanks for the info.

Photos GardenAugust 31, 2009
Surfinia flowers
Overwintering Annuals
Dark red dahlias.
Wintering Dahlias
overwintering geraniums
Overwintering Geraniums
A pine tree in a pot.
Overwintering Potted Evergreens