Uses for Pringles Cans

Pringles cans have great craft or storage potential. This is a guide about uses for Pringles cans.

Pringles can.
Filter Sort

Tip: Emergency Container for Carsick Kids

By Sally Pifer 7 45

This is a helpful tip when children become ill either when traveling or at home. Save empty large soft margarine tubs. Take a plastic Ziploc type storage bag and insert in the margarine tab folding down the top of the bag all around the tub. Place some folded paper towels in the bottom. If your child becomes car sick, he/she can use the tub/storage bag to throw up in. Then when done, all that needs to be done is zip up the bag and throw it away.

This works well at home too if your child is sick. Your child can have a tub/storage bag container in his bed, which will alleviate the need to get up to run to bathroom and hang over a toilet which cannot be too sanitary. It also alleviates a lot of mess. We used this "trick" for our kids when they were growing up, and my husband and I use it for ourselves too.

By Sally from Pittsburgh

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Use Pringles Cans for Storage

By Clydecito 1

Besides making the solar hot dog cooker that I've seen on several sites, I use Pringles containers for storing the plastic bags we get from stores. Then, I have a portable dispenser for plastic bags to store in car, hunting and fishing gear, and for gardening (for holding produce while harvesting and for gifting excess produce to others).

By Clydecito from Western Kansas

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Store Dry Spaghetti in Pringles Container

By Eileen Hays 34 20

Pringles can.Use an empty Pringles can to store dry spaghetti, no need to worry about keeping the opened bag or box closed. An added plus is that the lid is see through plastic so no need to open it, as you can see how much you have left.

By Eileen from Yorktown, VA

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Store Spaghetti in Pringles Can

By lalala... 731 97

A great way to store spaghetti is in a full-sized Pringles can. I wiped out the empty can with a damp paper towel to remove any oil and salt. Spaghetti in Pringles Can I was able to fit 2 whole bags of spaghetti into the can. The can is the perfect height and the lid still fits. You could wrap the can in decorative paper or contact paper to make it look pretty. Spaghetti in Pringles Can

By Laurel from Port Orchard, WA

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Uses for Pringles Cans

By justjan 1

My husband loves Pringles. I would like to put these empty cans to good uses. Any ideas?

By JustJan from Houston, TX

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Cora 1 113 Flag

Make a winter/Christmas scene by cutting an arched shape on one side near the bottom. Cover outside of can with white paint, add glitter if desired. Hot glue trim around cut out area.

Use a section of an old Christmas card as the background of the scene, add miniature figures, such as deer, Santa, trees, etc...hot glue to inside base of can. If desired, you can add a small glass candle holder with a tea candle. Makes a pretty creche or winter scene. Be careful if you light the candle and don't leave it unattended.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Uses for Small Plastic Pringles Containers

By margaret 1

I have a ton of small plastic pringles containers. They are from the individual sized portions. Any fun ideas of what to do with them?

Margaret-mek from Jersey

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By Bass-Girl 1 Flag

I would love to have some! My six-year-old daughter loves to take Pringles in her lunch and the small cans you can get anywhere are still rather large. I have been looking and looking for the little individual serving plastic cases after seeing them at a friend's house and cannot find them anywhere! Do you know where you got them? If so, please let me know, and seriously, if you decide to part with them, let me know!

karen-knust AT usa.net

Thanks!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Reuse Pringles Can as a Foot Massager

By Debby 21 90

I've found another use for a Pringles can. I recently injured my back and have nerve damage in my foot and leg. My foot burns constantly and the muscles in my lower leg are pretty well shot. I've found relief by rolling a Pringles can forward and back, from heel to toe. I can do this under my desk while I work. It feels like an incredible massage on the bottom of your foot. I believe it's helping to build my muscles back up in my foot and lower leg, as well. This is what you call "good and cheap".

By Artlady from Edmond, OK

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Use a Pringles Can for Car Sickness

By Laura 2 2

If you have a child who get carsick, the best container to use for the incident is a Pringles can. Saves a big mess and easy to store until properly disposed of.

By Lauralcchick from Fairmont, WV

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Pringles Can Solar Hot Dog Cooker

By Patty 7 68

My children and I use them to make solar hot dog cookers. Cut out a rectangle the less than half the size of the can but large enough to let lots of sun shine through, put clear oven bag cut to size over the hole (or clear acetate) and tape it in place. Poke a hole in the center of the lid, and in the center of the bottom. Insert a skewer. Ta-da! A hot dog solar cooker. To use it, put the skewer through the hole in the bottom of the can, poke it through a hot dog and then through the hole in the lid. Place in the bright sun for an hour or so, and you have a nice little lunch or snack, have done an educational project and not used any power, except from the sun!

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Reusing Pringles Cans

I wondered how you can use it for school?

By Jane

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By sharon6345 14 70 Flag

Anything you can think of can be stored in them, tennis balls, hair clips anything.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Reuse Pringles Can For Cookies

By Nightsong 39 85

Previously it was mentioned to use Pringles cans to store cookies or to give them as presents. I go a little further. I have friends and family in the service, many are deployed overseas. I decorate cans and fill with cookies, then I can put several of the cans in a box to mail. They get there really fresh with no (so far) breakage.

By Nightsong from Yates Center, KS

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Pringles Can Backpack Organizer

By christi 93 320

How many times has your child come home with precious art work smashed or torn from being stuffed inside a backpack? Let your child make a backpack organizer out of a used Pringles can.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Pringles Cans For Christmas Light Storage

Using Pringles can to wrap Christmas lights is even better than tubes they don't bend. And you can store extra lights inside.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Store Knitting Needles in Pringles Cans

By Vicki 6 16

I keep crochet and knitting needles in them.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Store Picnic Items in Pringles Cans

By Wisgal 8 271

I used them for napkins and plastic tableware for picnics. It help keep out insects and dirt.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Pringles Cans for Food Gifts

Save those stack potato chip cans! Decorate them as you please, using contact paper, spray paint, or decoupage and use them for gift giving. There are perfect for baked goods such as cookies, popcorn, etc.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Archive: Uses for Pringles Cans

Here are some uses for Pringles cans.

Pringles cans work well for storing small toys and tennis balls. They work well to store clean (or still being used) paint rollers and small paint brushes. They are also the perfect size for storing home baked cookies.

Post your ideas below!

Feedback:

Potato Chip Cans (Pringles)

Save those stack potato chip cans! Decorate them as you please, (contact paper, spray paint, decoupage, anything goes) and use them for gift giving such as cookies, popcorn, etc. Also good for storing pasta of any kind.

By Gayle (06/02/2004)

By ThriftyFun

RE: Uses for Pringles Cans

I used them for napkins and plastic tableware for picnics (07/05/2006)

By WIsgal

RE: Uses for Pringles Cans

I had only used them for pens and pencils, but I love the idea to use them for homemade cookies! (07/05/2006)

By kimmcg

RE: Uses for Pringles Cans

I used one once to make a pillar candle and it came out great. (07/05/2006)

By Ziggee

RE: Uses for Pringles Cans

I keep crochet and knitting needles in them. :o) (07/06/2006)

By feemayl

RE: Uses for Pringles Cans

My children and I use them to make solar hot dog cookers. Cut out a rectangle less than half the size of the can, but large enough to let lots of sun shine through, put clear oven bag cut to size over the hole (or clear acetate) and tape it in place. Poke a hole in the center of the lid, and in the center of the bottom. Insert a skewer. Ta-da! A hot dog solar cooker. To use it, put the skewer through the hole in the bottom of the can, poke it through a hot dog and then through the hole in the lid. Place in the bright sun for an hour or so, and you have a nice little lunch or snack, have done an educational project and not used any power, except from the sun! (07/06/2006)

By teachpad

RE: Uses for Pringles Cans

I wonder if they would be good to store spaghetti in? (07/07/2006)

By laura_brown

RE: Uses for Pringles Cans

I use the pringles cans to store knitting and crochet needles (07/08/2006)

By 4patty

RE: Uses for Pringles Cans

I heard they are good for extending the range of your wireless network. (07/09/2006)

By Rod Read

RE: Uses for Pringles Cans

I have a home daycare and use them to store all kinds of craft things. Also, you can fill with your own potato chips for outings and picnics and they won't get crushed. I squirt a little dish soap inside, put on the lid, shake, rinse, and you are all set. (08/14/2006)

By suzi_homemaker01

RE: Uses for Pringles Cans

They make great molds for homemade soap too. Easy to remove the soap after it is set and makes great round bars of soap. (09/28/2006)

By trbrown22

RE: Uses for Pringles Cans

Thank you for the great tips. My hubby is on a Pringles kick, and so many cans go to the trash. I will
use a few of these tips. (10/16/2006)

By meoowmom

RE: Uses for Pringles Cans

Teachers can use Pringles cans to store pieces of paper for reading games, spelling games, or math games; cover the can with construction paper and put a label on it. Cut strips of paper writing the words or numbers on the paper, inserting them in the can. We use them for reading words in kindergarten; we call it "bang". We put a strip of paper with the word "bang" written in red; each child draws a word and reads it; if they draw a "bang" piece of paper, they draw again; the winner is the child with the most "bang" strips and has read all the words they chose. The winner receives a prize from the treasure box! (07/06/2007)

By WandaJo

RE: Uses for Pringles Cans

Some great ideas. My kids will love to decorate them and give cookies or whatever to the teachers this Christmas. (09/25/2008)

RE: Uses for Pringles Cans

We use them to store an open sleeve of Ritz Crackers to keep them nice and fresh. (12/07/2008)

By Russ

RE: Uses for Pringles Cans

My husband uses them as a disposal for his diabetic testing strips and lancets. I use them to wind Christmas tree light strings around. One string to a can, and no more tangling. I use the lid when grilling as a spoon rest. Fill a can with dry dog food when going camping, just about enough for a weekend (depending on the size of your dog). (03/22/2009)

By Jude39

RE: Uses for Pringles Cans

If you make CP or MandP soap, they make a great round mold! (03/22/2009)

By Jo*la

RE: Uses for Pringles Cans

I have seen them prettily covered in paper and then holes pierced around in rows (or how you wish), then used to store/display earrings (pierced). Very pretty. (03/23/2009)

By popet

RE: Uses for Pringles Cans

I have found that when making flower arrangements on the cones, the cones fit perfectly in a Pringles can and allows my hands to be free to arrange my flowers. They are also handy to transport the flower arrangements in. Hope this will help someone. (03/23/2009)

By nannyglen

Better Living Green Living ReusingFebruary 28, 2012
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Tuna Cans
Uses for Tuna Cans
3 lays stax cans
Uses for Lay's Stax Cans
Crafts Using Pringles Cans
Crafts Using Pringles Cans
Mummy Pringles Can
Making a Mummy Pringles Can
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 12:58:28 PM on 10.0.1.229 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesSolutionsQuestionsArchives
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings