Climb Stairs For Exercise

If you want a frugal way to exercise and not have the cost associated with it, then follow this advice. Use the stairs.

If you have stairs in your home, even if only 4 steps, go up and down a number of times for a great workout. If you live in a high rise building, then just take the steps up to the top level and back down again. Just going up 18 flights of stairs, each and every day, guaranteed that you will get yourself in great shape.

By Karyn from Ottawa, Canada

And if you don't have stairs, march in place to music. I lost about 25 lbs doing this years ago when I lived in about a 200 sq ft converted shed. Bring the knees up as high as you can and keep it up for the whole cd.

I wish I didn't have stairs :) I'm 24 weeks pregnant and couldn't figure out why my legs were hurting so bad, well I was going up and down our stairs I know I need a fair amount of exercise but that extra weight (that I'm suppose to have) is hard to carry up those stairs

June 6, 2008 Flag

Great way to get fit? Try putting something in the basement, or up stairs that you use daily. Sounds silly, but now that we've added a playroom/computer room in our basement , I've lost 8 lbs!

Source: Just noticed the scale this afternoon, and realized I now climb stairs at least 5 times a day!

By Amy from Canton, Ohio

Make Yourself Climb Stairs For Exercise

Also, use the stairs in commercial buildings, instead of the elevator. Doing so saves a wee bit of energy for planet earth, and burns a few calories and helps your heart rate. (02/02/2008)

By Paul

Make Yourself Climb Stairs For Exercise

This does work! I noticed it when we lived in a townhouse and had a small baby. He was upstairs and laundry was in the basement! Babies create a lot of laundry so I was up and down a lot, not to mention upstairs checking on him several times a day while sleeping. I looked good! Then we moved to a house with one floor and a basement. Even tho I do lots of laundry, I need those extra stairs again! (02/04/2008)

An older man working with a trainer at home.
At Home Exercise Ideas
Health & Beauty Fitness AdviceJune 6, 2008
Man working out on an elliptical at the gym.
Fixing a Squeaky Elliptical
beautiful wood stairs
Selecting The Right Wood for Stairs
Old wooden ladder leaning against a concrete wall with painted designs.
Removing Paint from Concrete
Oak Stairs
Fixing Squeaky Stairs