Cleaning Bathroom Linoleum

Can anyone suggest a solution for cleaning bathroom linoleum? We moved into a rental house that had a leaky toilet (now replaced) and have pee stains all around it. We have tried everything we could think of but the stain has gone into the texture it looks like. Would appreciate any help you can give. Can't afford to replace it at this time.

Thank you so much,
patsAZ from Arizona

I think it is possible you won't be able to get the stains out of the flooring. We had a house in which the toilet leaked a little. It caused staining/mold in the layers of the vinyl flooring, under the surface. The surface was completely clean, but there was no way to access the stains below or eliminate them.

i moved into a rental apartment once that had contact paper on the floor. i was amazed how long it lasted, even w/ my 2 teen sons, my mom and me. wash and wax it just like linoleum

Did you know that you can paint linoleum flooring? You may want to consider that option. I guess you'd need to use the paint used to paint porch floors. I dont think there is any way to remove the stain.

Have you thought about covering it with a bathmat?

Best of luck

Thank you all for your help and information. I do think it is just a lost cause. lol patsAZ

if it makes you feel any better the stains are probably not really pee. the reaction of the linoleum to constant water contact most likely discolored it.

this isn't something you'll be able to clean out. but just to rest your mind spray or pour a generous amount of peroxide around the area and let it set a while. it will kill any nasties that might be living there. i love peroxide as a household cleaner. cheap-easy- readily available.

I've heard ammonia is suppose to help strip linoleum. Maybe that might help those stains also.

Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Linoleum Floors
Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsOctober 30, 2006
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet, Plumber Replacing Bathroom Faucet
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet
Old Linoleum Floors
Removing Stains from Old Linoleum Floors
Cleaning Discolored Linoleum
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 9:27:18 AM on 10.0.1.11 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.