Cleaning Linoleum Floors

I live in a very old rental home. It is very worn, especially in looks. I am interested in cleaner, shiny, but not slippery floors. I need it to be easier to keep them clean due to having a bad back. All I have to wash or mop is the kitchen, laundry room, and bathroom. I'm interested in the simplest, most effective way to do this. I also need to know if I can wash the paneled walls with Murphy's oil soap, spray, and a sponge mop? How and in what way?

Best Answer

Wax the floor, you can get it at Home Depot.

Use Howard Feed-n-Wax. Terrific stuff and it made my 50+ year old wood paneling look like new. Lot of elbow grease, but it was worth it.

You can use diluted vinegar for the floors. You can use a microfiber cloth and Murphy's oil soap to clean the paneling. Start from the top and work down.

If money isn't an object, then I would use one of the electric steam mops. Prices start around $30.

The best way to clean linoleum flooring to use vinegar baking soda and hot water and use your mop of your choice