One Fish Fishcakes

Your crew will never notice you only used one piece of fish.

Yields about 8-9 medium sized fish cakes.

In a food processor/chopper, place 1 piece of fish, 1 loaf of mayonnaise bread* 1 Tbsp. of minced onion, 1 Tbsp. green pepper, 2 tsp. baking powder, a dollop of mayonnaise, 2 eggs, and your choice of seasonings and mix all well. Spoon mixture to desired size into a hot skillet of cooking oil and fry till brown on both sides and drain off excess grease. Done and it costs you pennies to make!

*Mayonnaise Bread: 1 cup of milk, 1 cup flour, 2 tsp. baking powder, 3 Tbsp. mayonnaise. Mix all and bake till golden brown.

By sbb1 from Umm al Quain, UAE

What size pan do you put the mayonnaise bread in? A loaf pan, a 9x9 square? Does it bake up like bread or is it more biscuit-like? My husband and I love fish and don't eat it enough. I will definitely give this recipe a try. Thanks.

hi, I use a small loaf pan and it bakes more like a cake-like bread, but mayonaise bread is a good cheap staple that I learned to make from my mom and it bakes quickly at about 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or so until its golden brown, and I also bake this bread to go along with meals like beans and soups. Hope you enjoy the recipe.

Re your mayo bread....plain or self raising flour, and a hot or medium oven? It sounds good anyway, I shall give it a go.

The mayonnaise bread sounds scrumptious! I'll have to give it a try.

Fish Cake Recipes
Fish Cake Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes FishApril 28, 2008
Fish Buying Tips
Fish Buying Tips
Pop bottle fish with colorful streamers for its tail.
Making Pop Bottle Fish
Two pop bottle fish hanging in a window.
Making a Pop Bottle Fish Mobile
Frying Fish Sticks
Homemade Fish Stick Recipes
🎄
🍂