Color Advice for a Tile Backsplash

I have travertine colored formica. It is honey colored with many shades of tan, a little white and a dash of gold in it. These colors are in my floor too. My walls are a cream color, my cabinets are white and my appliances are black. I need help selecting a color for a tile backsplash. Any help would be great. Thanks.

By buckdoe

How about going with a pattern that has burgundy or sienna (which ever blends better) and just a touch of the cream to pull it all together. I think you've got enough cream/honey, but if you have it as a background in the tile it will pull it together.

It's hard to tell without a picture. If the room is small, go with whatever matches your upper cabinet color (you can't go wrong with a traditional white). It will open up the room and give it a simple, clean look, if you stick with shades of white. You have to be careful, especially with black appliances. While black and white go well together, but if you add too many contrasting colors, this will make the room feel busy.

If white and black is too boring for your tastes, there's ways to rev it up.

*instead of going with traditional squares, go with diamond or subway shape

*Maybe create a line of contrasting color through the white . . . in my opinion, thinner is better.

*Or alternate white with cream-colored tiles, creating a pattern

*Or stick with the same white color and simply add interest with a molded tile design.

*Then there's tons of natural tile with variation of colors built into each piece. Maybe a basic white with hints of honey.

I just repainted my own cabinets and redid my back splash. I used bisque-colored subway tile because they matched my cabinets. I like the effect.

And here is how it turned out. Sorry about the grainy picture.

Tiled Kitchen Wall
Kitchen Wall Tile Color Advice
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating KitchenAugust 14, 2009
Tile Backsplash
Updating a Tile Backsplash
Choosing Kitchen Backsplash
Choosing Kitchen Backsplash Color
Cleaning Dirty Tile
Homemade Tile and Grout Cleaner Recipes
Faux Tin Kitchen Backsplash
Making a Faux Tin Kitchen Backsplash
🎉
🎄