Love of Sewing Pin

Using a wooden heart for a backing, this pin shows off your love of sewing!

Approximate Time: 45-60 minutes

• wooden heart, 2 inches in diameter (You can also use oval, circle, square, etc.)
  • "Dress It Up" packaged by Jesse James and Co.
  • scrap ribbon, lace, fabric
  • tiny pins, your own buttons, etc.
  • your choice of paint color and brush
  • hot glue gun
  • pin back or strong magnet
  • white glue
  • small butter knife or metal fingernail file
  • optional: felt tip permanent markers

Instructions:

1. Hot glue the pin back or magnet to the back of your work. Use the hot setting for this, then turn to cool setting if you have a dual gun.
  2. This makes your paint job easier as you don't have to hold it. If you choose to make it a magnet, put it on a flat tin you can get paint on in case of a slip.
  3. With the color of paint you chose, paint the sides and front twice with Ceramacoat or other type of paint. Very little of this will show, so don't spend too much time thinking about it.
  4. Once dry, use the white glue to put on a small sample of fabric in the middle. It can be anything, but it's nice to match the fabric to the buttons.
  5. Once that is dry, if you have a dual gun, your cooler setting is ready.
    REMEMBER: cool settings are still 260 degrees and can burn your fingers.
  6. Using the gun, arrange the lace, ribbon, and fabrics like I did, or create your own design. Put these on before you do the buttons, so the glue point is covered. I put some safety pins in the lace and on the wood. You can do something similar. If you want to be safe, use the knife or file to hold the fabric down to protect your fingers.
  7. Choose your own buttons or use the ones in the package. I put some spot paint on the dress form because it was so light, I didn't have much color on the left side. You can leave it alone or do something similar. You can even do these spots with permanent markers if you want.
  8. Ad

9. Glue on the rest and let dry.
  10. As with most handcrafted pins, they should not be worn on coats, as they are not "weatherproof".

N-JOY!

For really cute buttons and projects, visit:

By Sandi from Yorktown, VA

That's cute! I would like that on my hat!

I collect pins, and your pin is great! I really love it. I hope you sell them!

Heart Shaped Petal Flower
Heart Shaped Pin Crafts
Crafts JewelryFebruary 9, 2010
Crocheted Wrist Pin Cushion
Making a Crocheted Wrist Pin Cushion
Felt Mouse Pin Craft
Felt Mouse Pin Craft
Shamrock Pin Craft
Shamrock Pin Craft Ideas
No-Sew Tin Can Pincushion
Making a No-Sew Tin Can Pincushion
🎄