Garden: Perennial With Yellow Flowers

I'm not sure what this plant is but there will be an abundance of the yellow flowers to come. Then, just the greenery. It seems to grow no matter what. I was given the plant by Aunt Catherine and didn't know what else to call it. It is a perennial and never fails to bloom for me. There are more stalks that I didn't show. Anyone know what it is?

By Kurtzfolk

They look like 4 o'clocks, to me.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Hi, this is Lysimachia punctata. We know it over here as Loosestrife. Its not really a weed, (unless its growing where you dont want it to,!) There are lots of varieties, including a lovely red one and a ground cover one which is often used in hanging baskets, which is known as Creeping Jenny.

Remel, UK

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Yes, Lysimachia. There is also a variegated form called 'Alexander.' The purple-leaf loosestrife I have makes runners all over the place; I much prefer this type which forms clumps.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Have you identified this plant yet? I have it in my garden and I can't find it's name.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes