IdeasCrochet

A Bevy of Crochet Bangles

Vote for this contest contender!

I love simple, medium, and complex crafts. Sometimes, I can combine them. These are the results.

Total Time: 4 hours

Yield: 3

1. For the first one, you are simply going to wrap doubled thread around randomly. Glue every 4 or 5 "rounds" to keep the thread from stretching and sagging.
  2. The pattern is your own. I just crossed the thread wrap so it's more random looking. When you are done, glue the end like you did the start. Don't do any gluing in the top of the bangle. You could leave it like I did. Or, you could twist some of the thread around the top for a bit of texture.
  3. Ad

4. For the second one, I crocheted a chain of the thread. I always double my thread so it works up quicker and the hook is larger. If you do this, and you run out of chain, don't worry. Just add on with a knot and keep going. Just make sure the knot will work so that it's inside and not outside.
  5. The last one is the most complex. I doubled my thread and crocheted a chain of 10, then made the linen stitch: Make a single crochet in the first chain, chain 1 and skip 1, making another single in the next chain. Your chain will depend on the width of the bangle.
  6. Ad

7. When you have made sure the chain will wrap around the bangle, keep this pattern and make sure it fits around the circumference, as well.
  8. When the length is right, sew the two ends together. Then, keeping your needle and thread on the side seam, bring it onto the edge and sew it up. It will be tight, but it's better than being loose.
  9. Ad

10. You can embellish your bangle anyway you like. I crocheted little flowers. Chain 2 and make 8 singles in the 1st chain. Join and chain 4, making a slip stitch in the first stitch, repeating this 7 more times. Join and break off, tying the tails in the back.
  11. I made a red and lavender one. I didn't have a red heart so I had to make two center hearts in purple. Insert them into the center flower hole and bend the stem over. Hot glue to the bangle and you are done! N-JOY!
  12. Ad