Address Book for Internet Information

I don't know if anyone has ever submitted this idea, but I'd like to share something I do. I bought an inexpensive address book (from a dollar store). I started using it for websites or internet use. The alphabetical order is very helpful. I put in the web name on the name, website address on the address or the www.com address. Then if I signed up on the (free) sites, I enter the user name I used, the password, the email address I submitted to sign up and question hint and answer I submitted to sign up. This way, I keep track of my many favorite websites by adding short descriptions and the ones I signed up for free (such as this one).

By Rosario from Florida

Answers:

Address Book for Internet Information

what a wonderful idea ! you are very clever. I can't always use the same passsword for all my sites and often end up clicking on the "I forgot my password" button
plus if anything ever happens to my computer i will have a list of all my favorite places I go to
thank you so very much for this tip (04/16/2008)

By imaqt1962

Address Book for Internet Information

Thank you for this marvelous hint. I'm always forgetting web addresses and my passwords. I'm going out and buy one ASAP just for this purpose. (04/16/2008)

By Bev

Address Book for Internet Information

I buy Fat books marked off a - Z tabs in marker for all my websites, screen names/email addy's of friends and business', etc... I keep seperate Fat Books for each category (recipes, shopping, medical, sites and info, etc...) I do keep 2 - 5 x 8" books A - Z marked for my screen names and membership/passwords... The very best thing i have done to keep track of my info... (04/16/2008)

By SnowyFilly

Address Book for Internet Information

This is really a good idea. I've written down passwords, only to lose them in a pile of papers on my desk. So time-consuming to find them again.

This would also be good when you know you're going to be using a computer at the library or at school. Just take the address book with you. (04/17/2008)

By Jantoo

Just don't leave the address book out where everyone can see it. A husband, motherinlaw, child, burgler, fellow employee, boss, etc. don't have any business seeing and/or using your passwords.