Adjusting the Shuttle Race Timing on Singer Machine

I have a Singer Tradition machine and the shuttle race timing is off to the point that it breaks the needle when the needle tries to go back up. Is there any way to adjust the shuttle? I don't have a repair shop near me so my only other choice is a completely new machine and I don't want to do that. Any advice is very appreciated.

WikiHow has an informative article with pictures. You need to adjust the alignment of the needle and the shuttle hook. You will also need your owner's manual to see the recommended needle height and the distance between the needle and shuttle hook.

You have to unplug your machine, take out the screws on the side of the machine to expose the needle shaft, take lit the bobbin case, and make an adjustment. This excellent article with pictures shows you how: sciencing.com/adjust-hook-timing-sewing-machines...