HealthDogs

Advantix Caused an Allergic Reaction in Dogs

I applied one pipet each to both my Jack Russels. This was applied around 5pm in the afternoon. Later that evening towards 9pm I noticed that they were doing a lot of ear twitching, both of them and sometimes head shaking, but not so much. This is most unusual for them. We decided to wash it off at this hour as best as possible. I now know this is an allergic reaction to Premetherin (one of the products in Advantix). I hate this product and will never use it again on my furbabies! What I want to know is does anyone know for how long this will affect them like this? How soon will it be out of their system?

About 5-10 days for a reaction to premetherin to go away usually although it is effective for up to 71 days. By the way, it is made from mums (yes, the plant). So, you may want to keep your dogs away from mums as well. Normally which a reaction, each exposure is worse than the one before it. So, avoid the plant as well.

Anonymous

Thank you for your response. No mums in my garden so not that for sure. Today is only day four so will monitor. I did take them to the vet but she did not believe it to be a reaction to Advantix! I know however it is.

According to vetary.com, mild symptoms should clear up in a day or two. Severe symptoms require topical treatment to prevent infection. A call to the vet is in order.

Thank you for your response... Cant be mild I guess...

It is day four now. It is only ear twitching so cant reslly apply any ointment. Will however chech out this website.