Age of a Murphy Rocking Chair?

I have a Murphy Rocker #767 in oak, I am looking for an approximate date of manufacture. It has a high back with 6 slats and a solid seat with upholstery (upholstery is not original). I was with my grandfather in 1964 when he purchased it at a garage sale.

Best Answer

I have found several of these chairs listed online but none of them are the one you are asking about. The cloest date I can find for a chair that is 735 it was made in the 1950s. I hope this can get you started. The Murphy company has a website and on the site they say it is possible to contact them to get the value or information about your item. You might want to check there. Maybe someone else can give you more information than this to help you out.

Thank you for the information. I am going to contact the company and see if they can give me an answer. I'll keep you posted.

Consumer Advice Collectibles FurnitureFebruary 4, 2020
🌻
👔
👒
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Age-of-a-Murphy-Rocking-Chair.html