Finding the Value of a Murphy Rocking Chair

Category Antiques
Vintage furniture may have notable value. Finding out this information is useful for restoration plans or future sale. Finding the value of a Murphy rocking chair.

I have a small rocker #5305 from Murphy Chair Co. in Detroit Michigan. I am looking for the value.

Answers

I saw two on eBay. One was $150 and the other was $200. Keep in mind that these are the asking prices.

I see one on Etsy for $150

Value of Murphy rocking chair.

Step 1
Instappraisal is a website which has a page giving general information on the company, as well as having a forum for the exchange of information between collectors.

Step 2
The Antique Shop website has a forum for the exchange of information between collectors, and discussions on Murphy chairs.

Step 3
Genuine Murphy pieces carry a black label on the base of each chair. The logo reads Murphy in white on a black background.

Step 4
I saw a wicker child's rocker on E-Bay for 290.00.

I have a Murphy rocking chair #5305 Very good condition. It has no arms and has a cane seat. I always thought it as a ladies sewing rocker. Is it possible to get a price?

I have a Murphy #687 rocking chair. What is it worth?

Answers

I'm not sure if this is your chair. The number wasn't posted. It was professionally restored and sold for $475.
https://www.sou  napage/IP922.htm

I purchased a Murphy rocking chair from a garage sale for $20.00. It is stamped Murphy 1941 Owensboro Kentucky 1941 under the arm. What is this valued at, did I get a good find?

Answers

Step 1
I can't find the exact value of your rocking chair.

Step 2

I did see some old listing on eBay and one chair sold for $150 and the other one sold for $200.

Step 3
You did a good job in purchasing this chair for only $20.

Step 4
If you are looking for the exact value of your chair. Here on Thrifty Fun there is a guide for you.

Step 5
In the guide I saw a listing for different antique stores and searching for prices on your furniture.

Step 6
Please visit the site https://www.thr  5936578.tip.html

Step 7
To find out more information.

I have a smaller wooden rocker. I think it is for children. It has a label that say Murphy Chair Company on the left, and Detroit No. 307 Mich. on the right. It has a crest in the middle, black with white print. It is not upholstered. It is all wood. I am looking to find out when it was made, and how much it could be worth.

By Mar-Lene Allen from Auburn, IN

Answers

Small child rocker with stamp in black white writing looks like number 305 what is this worth and when was it made ?

I have a Murphy Chair Co., Detroit rocking chair #612. It is in very good condition. What is it worth?

By Bob S.

I have a rocking chair with a mark on bottom of chair that has a crest with Murphy Chair Company on left side and Detroit 5688 Michigan on the right. How old is it and what's it worth?

By Arland