Value of an Antique Rocking Chair

Category Antiques
The manufacturer and condition of an antique rocking chair will help determine the value. Taking it to a trusted dealer will give you the best information.

I got this chair in a garage sale. It has a tag, photo attached. I am wondering if it's worth anything. It's in excellent condition.

Answers

Best Answer

Heywood is a very old company and a good name for furniture. Some of their pieces can be very valuable. Unfortunately the armless rockers just are not a hot property at the moment and many are sitting unsold in all venues with price tags of $50 to $75.

I have seen them sold in the $10-25 range, but they were pristine.

If you love it, hold on to it for a few years and armless rockers (like everything other fashion trend) will probably come back and it will be valuable again.

Thanks for sharing!!

This chair is in great shape. I cant make out the markings. I think it is worth your while to take it to a dealer.

It says Heywood Brothers
and New York

thank you so much for your reply. I actually love the chair and plan to keep it.