Value of a Murphy Rocking Chair

I have a small rocker #5305 from Murphy Chair Co. in Detroit Michigan. I am looking for the value.

I saw two on eBay. One was $150 and the other was $200. Keep in mind that these are the asking prices.

I have a Murphy rocking chair #5305 Very good condition. It has no arms and has a cane seat. I always thought it as a ladies sewing rocker. Is it possible to get a price?

Anonymous

I do believe my rocker #5305 is a Ladies sewing Rocker. The label under the seat is from Detroit Mich. It is in great condition and wondering what the asking price is . Thank you Norma Socia

I see one on Etsy for $150

Value of Murphy rocking chair.

Step 1
Instappraisal is a website which has a page giving general information on the company, as well as having a forum for the exchange of information between collectors.

Step 2
The Antique Shop website has a forum for the exchange of information between collectors, and discussions on Murphy chairs.

Step 3
Genuine Murphy pieces carry a black label on the base of each chair. The logo reads Murphy in white on a black background.

Step 4
I saw a wicker child's rocker on E-Bay for 290.00.