Finding the Value of a Murphy Wardrobes and Armoires

This is a guide about finding the value of a Murphy wardrobes and armoires. These clothes storage cabinets can be a nice piece of bedroom furniture, and valuable to the right person.

We have a Murphy's cedar armoire wardrobe that is stamped 340 on the back. It is in good condition.

By Warren K. from Blue Springs, MO

Answers

Best Answer

A online search produced many cedar wardrobes and a few Murphy wardrobes, one offered for $300. You can search on EBay and other retail sites for more price information. You can also contact an auction house for possible value at auction.

Best Answer

We have a Murphy red cedar chest with a mirror on the inside and a drawer at the bottom. The date on it is March 23, 1960. I was just wondering it's value and if it's a good piece of furniture. I don't want to sell it. I was just wondering about a few more facts that could be told.

I have a Murphy wardrobe 240. It is all original, including 2 skeleton keys, shoe rack, and a cedar bag for keys. There are no cracks or splits, but there are some minor scratches. It is in beautiful condition. How much should I ask for it?

By Gary B.

Answers

Best Answer

Why not check Google, Amazon, e-bay, Craigslist and Kijiji? See if anyone else has anything like it? Perhaps also talk to or call a few antiques dealers? Then, if no one can offer information about probable value, why not set a price for it yourself. Start high, you can always accept an offer. Good luck!

I have a Murphy cedar wardrobe-345. It is in excellent condition. Does anyone know the value?

By Steve

Answers

Best Answer

A thing is worth what someone will pay for it in the current market. I did an internet search. Someone on Craigslist is asking $120. Asking doesn't mean he'll get that much.

I just bought a 340 Murphy Cedar wardrobe online. It is is great condition. I paid $60.00 for it, but, they were asking $75.00 or more for it.

Does anyone know how old it is and what it originally cost new?
Where was it made? Thanks!

By J

Answers

Murphy Furniture Co was in Jasper, Alabama

I have an armoire/wardrobe numbered 655. Any idea what it is worth?

Anyone know the worth of this in excellent condition? It has original skeleton keys and cedar bag with it.

By Ariel