Finding the Value of Antique Murphy's Furniture

Category Antiques
The Murphy family manufactured cedar chests and wardrobes from 1946 - the early 2000s. These great pieces can still be found for sale today on the net and in antique shops. This is a guide about finding the value of antique Murphy's furniture.

Vintage furniture may have notable value. Finding out this information is useful for restoration plans or future sale. Finding the value of a Murphy rocking chair.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about finding the value of a Murphy wardrobes and armoires. These clothes storage cabinets can be a nice piece of bedroom furniture, and valuable to the right person.

This is a guide about finding the value of Murphy chairs. The Murphy furniture company manufactured cedar chests, chairs, and wardrobes from the mid 1940s through the early 2000s.

These collectible pieces can still be found today.

This is a guide about finding the value of a Murphy cedar chest. Antique and vintage furniture has not only sentimental value, but sometimes monetary value as well.

I am looking for information on when the Murphy 86 school desk was manufactured and sold. I have one that was in an old schoolhouse.

Answers

I have an old school desk but could never find out very much about it so my answer may not help you very much.

There are several style/kinds of old school desks (as you will find if you just Google "old/vintage/antique school desks") and since you did not submit a photo it seems you may have to do some research yourself.

I cannot find a brand/name on my desk so at least you have that much. There are some desks up for sale on eBay so you may be able to find one like yours or at least get some info on value of this type of item.

I also had a web site from my original search that may help:

http://www.antiquedesks.org.uk/

http://www.ebay  tage-school-desk

http://www.ebay  ique-school-desk

I have a table and four chairs. The markings say Murphy 336. Can you tell me how much it is worth? It has two leaves and also the sides flip down.

Answers

Antique furniture value relies heavily on original finish, current condition, location, quality etc. You can contact antique dealers in your area, online antique appraisers, etc., for possible values. For example, EBay currently has a Murphy office chair for $95.00.

I have a round Queen Ann table with 3 leaves and four chairs. No. 7394 made by the Murphy Chair Co. of Detroit, Mich. Can you tell me the date they were made and value?

By Charlie F.

What is the value of a Murphy cedar bed frame #202-4/6?

By Bowling

I have a Murphy 202 4/6 bedroom suite, including head and foot board, dresser, a mirrored chest drawers, and 2 night stands. How much is it worth?

By Sounal

I'm trying to find out how old a cedar bed is that was made by Murphy with the numbers on the back 4204-5/0-4/6.

By pam from Crawfordville, FL