SaucesItalian

Alfredo Sauce

When I want some comfort food, this fits the bill. I've tried lots of alfredo sauces and was never quite happy with them. One day, I didn't have enough cream and used some milk. It turned out so delicious (and cheaper). My husband said it was the best fettuccine alfredo he had ever eaten. It's even good the next day. Most alfredo sauces break down and turn into a butter sauce when you reheat them, but this stays creamy. What a happy accident!

Total Time: 30 minutes

Yield: Quite a bit!

Source: Just an accident, based on another recipe I was trying!

1. Place butter, milk, cream and garlic in large saucepan. Over medium-low heat start heating up mixture, stirring frequently.
  2. Once sauce simmers, reduce heat to low and continue stirring constantly.
  3. The sauce will thicken. It takes about 20-30 minutes from start to finish.
  4. Ad

5. Remove from heat. Add Parmesan cheese.
  6. Carefully taste the sauce to determine how much salt you need. Since Parmesan is very salty, you won't need much. I used a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper. (I also added a little bit of dried parsley to make it feel healthier!) Stir sauce.
  7. If you are serving over pasta, cook your pasta according to the package directions. I used a pound of fettuccine and it was the perfect amount of sauce for the pasta.
  8. Ad

9. Add your sauce to your cooked and drained noodles. Add your cooked meat, if using. The mixture will seem soupy. Let pasta and sauce sit for 5-8 minutes. It will thicken up considerably in that time.
  10. Serve with a little more Parmesan on top.

Goodness sakes, this looks good!