FancyCookies

Almond Delights

Vote for this contest contender!

My wonderful Mother-In-Law gave me this recipe. If you like almond flavor, you will absolutely love this dessert.

Prep Time: about 10 min

Cook Time: 35-45 approx. total

Total Time: about 1 hour

1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking pan or you can line a baking pan with foil and spray the foil lightly with Pam. I like using foil inside the pan, so when it's done I can lift the entire dessert out to cut it into 2" or 3" squares.
  2. To begin, mix together in bowl 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1 egg yolk, 1.5 cups flour, and 1 cup softened butter. Mix up well.
  3. Pat mixture into the bottom of pan. I divide the dough up first, which makes it easier to make it even across the bottom.
  4. Bake for 10 minutes at 400 F. Then remove from oven and reduce the heat to 325 F.
  5. Next beat 3 egg whites very stiff. Add 2 Tbsp. sugar and 1 tsp. of
    vanilla. Stir that through quickly.
  6. Next, in another bowl mix until smooth: 1 cup sugar, 1 cup almond paste, 2 egg yolks and 1 Tbsp. lemon juice. After that is thoroughly mixed, then add the stiffened egg white mixture) to your bowl of almond paste mixture.
  7. Ad

8. Gently spread the mixture over your cooked base and sprinkle with sliced almonds.
  9. Bake for 25-30 min (until lightly browned). Cool in pan, and cut into squares.

Thank you and your mother in law! I've got to try this. Looks like something I'd fall in love with :)

I do believe you'll enjoy them very much :)

*I wrote in the recipe section, (slivered almonds) and I meant to say, (sliced) almonds.

I will fix it. :)

Jess, thank you VERY much :)