Appalachian Magic

Photo Description
I live near the Appalachian Trail and this is a picture from the summer of a sunset. I find it very inspiring being able to go look at places like this and get exercise at the same time.

The Appalachian Trail goes from North Georgia all the way to Katadhin, Maine! Believe it or not, hundreds, if not thousands, of people a year, from May through August, travel either northbound or southbound and actually walk all the way from Georgia to Maine or vice versa. It requires a lot of preparation and mental grit, and it takes 4 months at the least, but it changes lives.

Anyway, I have never walked it much more than an hour or so and I do wonder if I will ever have the opportunity to do the whole thing?

Photo Location
Appalachian Trail, Hot Springs, NC

More on the Appalachian Trail here:

Appalachian Trail Conservancy

That's a beautiful view. I set your photo as a background picture on my computer.

Such a nice warm picture to look at on this cold day.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Beautiful colours!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I occasionally mention that I'm from North Carolina. I do so, proudly. It is a beautiful state from the mountains to the shore. I must say, I've seen many beautiful pictures of Appalachia taken by professionals. I don't think I have ever seen one as beautiful as yours. Thank you!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

thank you very much! I was very happy the day I took it, so am glad it showed :)

Reply Like this photo? Yes