Appetizers Using Spinach

I have spent this weekend trying out some new recipes for my upcoming holiday get togethers. This one I tweaked here and there to my own liking and I have to say, it came out pretty tasty!

• 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup half & half
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp dried basil
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • 16 oz shredded cheese (I used a 6 blend Italian cheese)
  • 4 cups fresh or frozen spinach*

* I only had frozen spinach in the house. If using frozen spinach, thaw completely in a strainer and then squeeze all the water out.

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Using a 13 x 9 inch baking pan, put the whole stick of butter in the pan and pop it in the oven for 5 minutes to melt. Then take it out.
  2. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, beat in milk, and all dry ingredients including spices. Beat it well.
  3. Then stir in the cheese and spinach. Mix very well.
  4. Pour mixture into the buttered pan, spread evenly over the pan.
  5. Cook for 25 minutes and it will be light golden brown.
  6. Remove, let set for a few minutes and cut. You can cut into 24 large serving pieces or 48 appetizer pieces. I suggest the smaller ones. I also suggest putting these on a paper towel for 1 minute to get rid of some of the butter.
  7. I found these to be very tasty. I let these cool, layered them with plastic wrap, And then double wrapped them with freezer wrap and froze them. I now have appetizers for the holidays.
  8. To test these, I froze 1 piece and will try it in a week to see how they took to freezing them. I'm sure they will be fine. I make and freeze quiche often.

6 More Solutions

Try this nutritious main dish casserole that is easy to put together.

Not fond of spinach, but this recipe is the exception to that rule for me.

The family loves this recipe!

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cut cheese into 20 thin slices; cover and set aside. In large bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, salt and garlic; mix well until well blended.

Cook spinach according to directions; drain thoroughly. Combine spinach, stuffing mix and cheese. Form into small balls. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.

Whether it's for a party or just to snack on with some bread or crackers, spinach dip is popular and delicious dip option. This page contains spinach dip recipes.

Spinach Dip Recipes, A low calorie spinach dip with pita bread.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Food and Recipes Recipes AppetizersJanuary 20, 2020
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Appetizers-Using-Spinach.html