A great way to use apples and make a delicious homemade cake.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Total Time: 90 minutes
Yield: 8-12 servings
- 5 cups chopped apples
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 tsp rum extract
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups chopped pecans or walnuts-toasted
- confectioners sugar
- Peel, core and chop apples. Approximately 5 cups chopped.
- In mixing bowl add sugar, coconut oil, eggs and rum extract. Beat until creamed.
- In separate bowl mix together baking soda, flour and cinnamon.
- Add dry ingredients to liquid.
- Pour into a 10 inch tube cake pan that has been oiled (coconut). Bake for 1 hr. at 350 F.
- Cool on rack for 10 minutes. Turn out cake unto a plate and dust with confectioners sugar.
- Turn out cake unto a plate and dust with confectioners sugar.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.