Apple Cake Recipes

Category Fruit
A delicious, moist, apple cake is the perfect fall dessert. This page contains apple cake recipes.

A family favorite for years. Yummy!

• 4 cups apples (peeled and diced)
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup oil
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 cup walnuts, chopped

Directions:

Dice and peel the apples. Mix with 2 cups sugar and let stand 1 hour, then add 2 eggs beaten in the 1 cup oil and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Add the 3 cups flour with the salt and soda. Mix. Add 1 cup of walnuts and mix well, but do not beat hard. Pour into a greased and floured 9x13 inch cake pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 45 minutes. Either sprinkle with powdered sugar while warm or cream cheese frosting.

We love the smell of it baking and can't wait to eat! We used to pick our apples and gather black walnuts when my children were little, this was one of our favorite cakes. It brings back such fond memories. Yummy!

By dorothy wedenoja from New Creek, WV

This is one of my family's favorite recipes, and it's one of the simplest recipes I've seen (it only has THREE ingredients). I always have the ingredients on hand, and tastes so rich that nobody ever believes it's so simple. I copied it from a magazine nearly 30 years ago and have made it countless times since, with some variations. It's absolutely delicious and it doesn't matter if I make it for my family or a potluck, it doesn't last long.

When I take it to gatherings, some people hesitate to try it because it looks so plain next to the fancier desserts, but after a taste they always go back for more and ask for the recipe. My daughter has carried on the tradition and now makes it for her office potlucks, with the same success.

We all love the original, but a few years ago I turned it into a Black Forest-type cake and everyone loves that almost more! So here is the original recipe and my changes. We all like it better cold and it seems to get even better as it gets older, so I always make it a day ahead of when I need it. Just typing this recipe is making my mouth water and I can taste this cake!

Directions:

Generously grease and lightly flour bottom and sides of 13x9 inch cake pan. In large bowl, combine all ingredients. Beat as directed on cake package. Pour into pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-50 minutes, until top springs back to touch. Cool completely.

Note: If mixing by hand, mash the fruit first.

Top each serving with whipped cream spiced with cinnamon (this is homemade whipped cream with a bit of cinnamon added). It's great this way, but for simplicity and potlucks, I usually just sprinkle it with powdered sugar before I serve it.

High Altitude: Bake at 375 degrees F for 35-40 min.

Black Forest Cake: Substitute Devils Food cake mix and can of Cherry Pie filling. Use either 1 tsp. vanilla or 1/2 tsp. almond flavoring (depending on your preference). Sprinkle 1/4-1/2 cup slivered almonds on top of cake before you bake it and serve with whipped cream or powdered sugar.

Source: A magazine, so many years ago I can't remember which magazine

By Judy = Oklahoma from OK

A delicious cake with apple and lovely lemon icing which gives it a special flavour. One of my favourites.

This cake uses no oil or margarine which makes it healthier and plus it's very easy to make especially if you keep some chopped apples in the freezer.

A great way to use apples and make a delicious homemade cake.

Apple Cake

Sift flour, salt, spices and soda together. Blend well the sugar, eggs, oil and dry ingredients. Add apples, vanilla and pecans. Mix well.

This recipe is easy and very tasty. It freezes well.

Finished cake

This is a family favorite, so it's made quite often. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease, but don't flour a 10 or 12-cup bundt pan.

Mix sugar, flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl until blended.

This is easy and so yummy! A great fall dessert.

This is very good with a dusting of powdered sugar over the top.

Beat well with mixer: eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla. Mix in until well blended the flour, soda, salt, and cinnamon. Stir together with apples and nuts. Batter will be stiff.

I'd like a recipe for a simple, moist apple cake that has something like a streusel swirl or crunchy, cinnamon flavored topping. Thanks!

Chloe

Answers

I had this recipe bookmarked for later...it uses applesauce though. There is a recipe in the comments section though that uses chopped apples.

Easy Applesauce Streusel Coffee Cake:
www.cookiemadness.net/?p=1560

I have two great recipes. I will try to remember them tomorrow!

These are two very different cakes, both excellent.
Cake #1
4 cups pared, chopped apples
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup raisins, optional
1 cup chopped nuts, optional
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

Combine flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Add apples, raisins, and nuts.Mix oil with eggs and vanilla. Blend into apple mixture. Spread into a greased 9 x 13 inch pan. Mixture will be very thick and heavy. Bake one hour at 350 degrees. Place on rack to cool with a tea towel over the top.

Cake #2
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup orange juice

Streusel:
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup pared, chopped apples
1 cup chopped nuts
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp cinnamon
3 tablespoons melted butter

For Streusel, combine first 5 ingredients, then stir in butter.

For cake, combine flour, baking powder and baking soda. Beat butter and sugar with mixer until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla, mixing well.

Alternately add flour mixture and orange juice. Spoon half the batter into a greased tube pan. Sprinkle with HALF the struesel. Top with remaining batter. Swirl with knife.

Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees. Sprinkle with remaining half of streusel. Bake an additional 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto rack to finish cooling.

Combine 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 2 1/2 teaspoons orange juice for glaze. Drizzle over top of cake when cool.

I found this at foodnetwork.com

Apple Streusel Coffee Cake

For the cake:
1 1/2 cups flour
2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable shortening, melted
1 1/2 cups chopped Granny Smith apples (2 to 3 apples)
Streusel Topping:
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Accompaniment: vanilla ice cream

Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
Sift flour and measure then sift together with the other dry ingredients.
Beat the egg, then add the milk and melted shortening.
Pour the wet into the dry then add the raw apples and mix well.
Pour into a well greased 8-inch square pan.
Mix together the streusel ingredients and sprinkle over the top of the batter.
Bake about 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

This page contains IKEA apple cake recipes (copycat). Its a challenge to copy a commercial recipe perfectly.

Apple tart on turquoise table

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This page contains Jewish apple cake recipes. A delicious cake for any time of year.

Jewish apple cake on plate

Ingredients

• 1 egg
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/3 cup raisins
  • 1/2 cup nuts, chopped
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/3 cup salad oil
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 cups diced raw apples
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/2 tsp. soda
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon

Directions

Cream egg, oil, vanilla and sugar until smooth. Add raisins, apples and nuts. Sift together flour, salt, soda and cinnamon. Stir into first mixture. Bake at 350 degrees F in greased and floured 8x8 inch pan.

By Robin from Washington, IA

• 2 cups sugar
  • 2 cups flour
  • 2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 tsp. soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 cup chopped pecans
  • 1 cup salad oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 4 cups unpeeled apples (finely chopped)

Mix dry ingredients together. Beat eggs. Add oil, vanilla, and apples. Mix thoroughly, do not use mixer. Batter will be stiff, spread in greased and floured 9x13 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes.

Need not frost. May be served with ice cream or Cool Whip.

By Robin

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Cakes FruitSeptember 17, 2012
🌻
📓
🐛
😎
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Apple-Cake-Recipes.html