Arranging Flowers

How many times have you had too few flowers for a large vase or a lot of flowers that you just can't arrange to stay the way you want? To fix this problem, all you need to do is take a plastic paper sleeve, the ones that your daily paper is protected with. I save those for hundreds of uses, this is just one.

Put it in the top of the vase around the flowers, pushing it down just out of view. Adjust your flowers however you want and they're going to stay. It is easily removed to water

10 More Solutions

With spring right around the corner, we will be cutting flowers and bringing them in for arranging. One thing that always presents a problem is the short stems on some of them.

I like to arrange flowers in unusual containers, i.e. wooden boxes or ice coolers. To keep water from leaking or damaging the container, I use plastic bottles. I use a bread knife to cut off the top at the height needed.

Daffodils produce a toxin that kills other cut flowers, so keep them separate when making flower arrangements.

My husband is always complaining about finding little creatures walking on the table after I put out a vase of flowers. So now, what I do is, I let the vase sit outside for about 30 minutes before I bring it in.

When you buy fresh flowers, save the clear cellophane. Use the flower feed, if it is powdered, add an eggcup full of boiling water to dissolve it then top up with cold water.

I love fresh flowers and buy carnations every two weeks. Since I usually get two large sprays from Costco, there are a lot of stems to cut, and to throw away.

I am looking for step by step instructions on how to make a fresh, silk and dried flower arrangements using the floral and dry foam. Also, where can I get supplies at a discount price?

Thanks,
Nancy from Hatfield, PA

Answers

By Tanya (Guest Post)
Best Answer

There are many used flower arranging books available at Amazon.com at a good price, or you might try your local library if you don't want to buy a book. I am a professional floral designer, and my advice is to shop at Wal-Mart for the best prices. You may have a floral wholesaler nearby, but generally they will not sell to anyone who does not have a retail license specifically designated for flowers, but it won't hurt to try. Hard to beat Wal-Mart prices, though. Good luck.

Answer this Question

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this page.

Short-stemmed flowers or curvy stems are hard to put in a floral arrangement. What I do is cut the stem under cold water and at an angle with sharp scissors. Next, put the stem into a plastic drinking straw and put into your own custom arrangement.

Comment Like this photo? 13

Peonies, mock orange, and weigela compliment each other and create a bouquet with an old-fashioned look. Makes me smile whenever I look at this photo.

Old Fashioned Flower Arrangement of peonies, mock orange and weigela.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4

This is a page about making a floral arrangement. A lasting combination of fresh or dried, flowers and foliage, can add to the decor of any room.

Woman Making a Floral Arrangement

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Crafts FloralSeptember 19, 2012
🐛
🌻
👒
👔
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Arranging-Flowers.html