Baba Ganouj Recipes
Try this delicious eggplant spread on warm pita bread. This page contains baba ganouj recipes.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Baba Ganoush is a delicious eggplant dish that originated in Lebanon. It's super easy to make and tastes phenomenal. I love it extra because it's full of fiber!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 small or 2 medium eggplants
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- 2 Tbsp yogurt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Turn on your broiler. Prick the eggplants with a fork.
- Place the eggplants and garlic clove in the broiler and grill for about 10 minutes. Flip everything and grill another 10 minutes until softened.
- Peel the skin off the eggplant. It will come right off if cooked long enough.
- Finely chop up peeled eggplant.
- Smash up the grilled clove of garlic and add to eggplant.
- Mix in tahini, yogurt, lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Spoon Baba Ganoush into a serving bowl. Make a circular well in the dip and carefully pour in olive oil. Garnish with parsley and olives if you desire. Serve with warmed pita bread. Enjoy!
May 2, 20070 found this helpful
- 1 medium size eggplant
- 1 clove garlic
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 Tbsp. tahini (sesame paste)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and freshly-ground pepper
Roast eggplant in a 450 degree F oven for 30 to 40 minutes, turning once, or until flesh is very tender and a sharp knife pierces without resistance. When cool enough to handle, remove peel. In a food processor, mince garlic. Add eggplant flesh, lemon juice, tahini and olive oil. Process to blend (may be smooth or a little chunky). Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with fresh or toasted pita bread.
By Barb from Buffalo, NY