Bacon Wrapped Porchetta
This is a great main dish for a little potluck or family gathering. A nice side dish with this is roasted broccolini. It is delicious with rice or mashed potatoes.
Prep Time: 20 minutes + marinate time
Cook Time: 40-50 minutes
Total Time: 70 minutes + marinate time
Yield: 10 people
- 4 lb pork tenderloin
- 1 Head garlic
- 3 Tbsp salt
- 3 Tbsp fennel seeds
- 4 Sprigs rosemary
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp black pepper
- 1 pkg bacon
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- Mince garlic and put in a bowl with salt.
- Grind fennel seeds. I used a coffee grinder. Then add it and rosemary to the bowl with the garlic and black pepper.
- Add olive oil and splash of soy sauce. Mix well.
- Place your tenderloin in a glass cooking pan. Evenly rub the marinate on the inside and then on the outside of the meat.
- Add rosemary sprigs along the side of the tenderloin.
- Top off the seasoned tenderloin with bacon.
- Make sure to wrap the bacon tightly underneath.
- Heat your oven to 425 degrees F. Roast for 45-55 minutes until the meat temperature is 135 F for medium rare or 145 F for medium.
- Optional: Serve with roasted broccolini. Drizzle with olive oil and roast in the oven at 375 F for 10-15 minutes.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!