Banana Fritters Recipe

Banana fritters can be made very easily and are a great treat your family will devour. This page contains banana fritters recipes.

I came up with this the other day when I couldn't decide if I wanted apple or banana fritters. I mixed them together and fell in love with the end result! I mashed the banana into the fritter batter, then dunked apple slices in it before I fried them up. The apple is cooked but still has a nice crisp texture around the edges, and the banana gives the dough a lovely smooth comfort. Delicious!

I used Kodiak Cake pancake box mix for this, but you can use any you like. Since not all pancake mixes are alike, you may need to add or subtract the amount of milk in the recipe to get a good batter consistency.

• 1 large ripe banana
  • 1/2 cup pancake mix
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1 crisp apple
  • oil for frying
  • 3 Tbsp powdered sugar

1. Mash the banana with a fork until smooth.
  2. Stir in the pancake powder mix, cinnamon and milk. Whisk together until smooth.
  3. Pour your powdered sugar into a sieve over a bowl to get it ready for powdering the freshly fried fritters.
  4. Peel and slice your apple. I used a tiny metal round to core them.
  5. Heat a small pan with a few tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat. Dunk the apple slices into the batter and shake off excess.
  6. Pan fry the fritters for a couple minutes per side, until golden brown.
  7. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
  8. Immediately dust with powdered sugar.
  9. Crisp on the outside and soft in the center, you can easily cut right into these with a fork... or use your hands like with donuts.

Use up leftover pancake batter by dipping banana chunks into it to make banana fritters. Fry them up in a deep fryer until golden brown. Then roll in cinnamon and sugar.

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Desserts Fruit DessertsJuly 18, 2017
🎃
🌻