I had a very ripe banana and limes to use up. I also had some sweetened coconut in the house, so I created this muffin, with excellent results. Try it for yourself!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 1/2 cup flour (I used whole wheat)
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- zest of one lime
- juice of one lime
- 1 very ripe banana, mashed
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup oil
- Combine flour, zest, baking powder, sugar, salt, coconut and spices in one bowl.
- Add the lime juice to a measuring cup. Add enough milk to make a cup.
- Combine egg, oil, milk mixture, and mashed banana in another bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Combine.
- Divide evenly among 12 muffin cups.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean, in a 400 F oven.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!