Banana Oat Chia Muffins
I wanted to make a healthier banana bread recipe. So I reduced the fat and sugar then added oats and chia. It came out pretty darn delicious.
- 1 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup oat meal
- 1/8 cup chia seeds
- 2 small eggs
- 1/4 cup olive/coconut oil
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 340 degrees F.
- Mix the wet ingredients a bowl.
- Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together until smooth.
- Optional: If you want a very smooth consistency to the muffins, put the mixture in blender to grind up oats for about 30 seconds.
- Bake mini muffins for 10-12 minutes. Bake regular muffins 15-17 minutes
- Let cool on a rack.
- These are great for a grab and go breakfast or a midday pick-me-up. Enjoy!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.