Banana Pepper Jack Salad
I've been trying to figure out a way to eat salad, without really noticing I'm eating salad. I'm trying to trim down, so I didn't want to use a full-fat dressings. I came up with this salad and it is full of flavor, greens, and protein; and not a lot of fat and calories!
I didn't have a bunch of veggies the first day I tried this recipe and it was still amazingly filling. You can add chicken too, to make it a hearty meal.
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1-2 but can easily make more
- green lettuce leaves (or spinach leaves)
- store-bought bottle of banana peppers (+ some juice from bottle)
- 1 slice of Pepper-Jack cheese (optional, but gives it some "kick"!)
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- veggies (cucumbers, carrots, tomatoes, mushrooms--anything you have on hand)
- grilled chicken (optional)
- Chop up lettuce, place in eating container or on plate. Take slice of Pepper Jack and tear into tiny pieces over greens. Add banana peppers. Pour a tablespoon of the juice the peppers were bottled in over the whole salad and mix.
- Add cottage cheese on top. Eat as is or add more veggies if desired.
- You can add chicken too, to make it a hearty meal.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.