Banana Pepper Plant Leaves Damaged

I have a young banana pepper plant growing in a pot on a patio garden. However, almost all the leaves have some damage from something (I am guessing a pets/insect of some sort). My other plants, including a tomato, are unaffected. I have treated it with the recommended pest control, but I am wondering if I should prune the damaged leaves/stems or leave them alone. I appreciate any advice.

Thank you.

You can try to prune it back and see how it goes. When we grew these in the garden one year we had this issue from under watering...little rain that season and the human in charge (me) forgetting to water.

Ours did not come back...but since this one is in a pot and a more controlled situation, perhaps you can bring it back.

Post back with updates!

This may sound a little scary, to make this plant healthy. You will need to take a clean pair of scissors and cut just below the Y section of your plant in a angle, this gives better water run off and free the plant of disease,Or if you want to take baby steps, snip off the new growth of the plant.Then water with sun!(You can snip off the eaten leaves after this plant is healthy and you see more thickness/growth.Good Luck

First off something is eating the leaves of the plant. You can start off with a very mild laundry soap that is safe for the environment. You will add just a small amunt to a spray bottle and fill the rest with water. Spray the top and bottom of the leaves. Do this every few days. You need to be careful right now to not cut too much of the pant back and allow it to get some new growth.

I would trim some of the most damaged leaves off the plant. When the plant grows up a bit more you can start to cut the plant back and allow it to get fuller and grow taller. There are some good videos on YouTube talking about different types of pepper plants and how to trim them to promote growth.

Home and Garden Gardening Pest ControlSeptember 26, 2019
🎂
🎃
🌻