Banana Pineapple Spice Muffin Recipe
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 355 Posts
February 15, 2017
I always found banana muffins to be rather bland. I like them to be spiced up and moist, so I put crushed pineapple in them. They come out amazing, and everyone loves my banana muffins. They have become my signature muffin!
This recipe makes 24 large muffins.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 4-5 large over ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple, drained and squeezed dry
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (opt)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and if not using liner wrappers, lightly spray and flour muffin pan. I use muffin wrappers.
- In a large bowl combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- On a plate, mash bananas with a fork. Leave them a bit chunky so they have bits of banana in them.
- In a large mixing bowl, melt the sticks of butter in the microwave. Add brown sugar, vanilla and using the hand mixer, beat on medium, mix for 2 minutes until mixed well.
- Add eggs, add bananas and pineapple. Mix.
- A little at a time start adding the flour mix, mixing on low. Then stop mixer and continue to mix with a wooden spoon.
- Fill muffin tins with wrappers. Then spoon each one with batter 3/4 full.
- Put in oven for 18-20. Test until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool. These can be put in a zip lock freezer bag, or frozen individually for lunches or breakfast snacks on the go!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.