Banana Muffin in a Mug
Use up an overripe banana to make this one serving microwave muffin in a cup. The instructions follow.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
A great way to use up bananas that are beginning to brown. Make them for a quick breakfast or snack.
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 90 seconds
Total Time: 3 and a half minutes
- 1/2 very ripe banana
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp sugar (optional)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp oil of your choice (optional)
- Mash the banana in a small mug and mix in oil and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour, sugar (if using), baking powder and salt.
- Blend thoroughly with a fork.
- Microwave 90 seconds then let it cool about 1 minute before eating.