Beads from Plastic Bottle
Bronze Post Medal for 2021. 31 Posts
September 9, 2021
There are many ways to use plastic bottles in craft. I suggest you make beads out of plastic bottles. It is not difficult at all and will not take much time.
Total Time: 15 Minutes for 1 bead
Yield: bead 0.4'' wide, 0.6" in diameter
- plastic bottle
- awl or compass
- Cut a flat part (middle) from a plastic bottle.
- Mark a strip 0.4 inch wide (scratch off), about 10 inches long. Cut out the strip.
- Roll up the strip. Then roll the strip in the opposite direction.
- Turn the iron on to the highest temperature setting. Adjust the diameter of the rolled plastic strip (if necessary, roll it tighter) and press for a few seconds to the heated iron, first on one side. Press down to keep the opposite side straight. Do not hold for long, otherwise the plastic will begin to bend. Then press the rolled strip on the other side for a few seconds. The rolled strip should stop unrolling, but also not bend. The plastic bead is ready.
- Repeat the previous steps to make new beads. You can use different colored plastic bottles to create colored plastic beads.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.