Beans and Greens Soup
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
April 26, 2020
This soup can be made in about 30 minutes, but is packed with the most wonderful textures and flavours. The Parmesan cheese gives it the depth it needs in such a short time. This is a fantastic soup for getting in all your fiber needs.
I used mustard greens for this soup. You can use similar greens; chard, collard greens, and the like. I also used a can of seasoned white beans for this. You can use any type of beans, just make sure they are cooked when adding.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups mustard greens
- 1 15 oz. can white beans
- 4 ounces any kind of stock
- 4 cups water
- 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- lemon for serving
- Heat some oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook onions for a few minutes until translucent.
- Add greens and garlic. Cook for a couple minutes until greens have wilted.
- Stir in beans.
- Add stock and water. Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer. Cook for about 15 minutes.
- Stir in Parmesan. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with a hefty squeeze of fresh lemon.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.