Bird Nest Photos

Category Wildlife
Birds of all kinds create unique nurseries for brooding and raising their young. This page contains bird nest photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

This nest was built in our mulberry tree by our front walkway. We took pictures from beginning to end. What an experience for my 9 year old!

By Tucci

Baby robin in nest with other eggs.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 18

Photo Description
After an unusually cold winter here in South Africa, it is a total blessing to start seeing signs that the seasons are changing. Our apricot tree is sporting its first few small blossoms, and the days are slowly getting warmer.

The biggest surprise came this morning when I noticed the bunch of finch nests hanging from a tree in our neighbor's garden. If we take the time to stand still for a few minutes, nature truly becomes our Grace from Above!

Photo Location
Pretoria, South Africa

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 3

Here is a photo of a grapevine basket that I had placed in our garage. I was going to use it for something else. What a surprise to find that a mother bird decided to use it to build her nest!

This really surprised my hubby and me since there is so much activity in our garage. I hope that you can see that there are at least two eggs in the nest and the mother bird has over compensated the size of the nest and has a very small opening for her to go in and out.

We are trying to steer clear of the basket in hopes that the bird will continue to sit on the nest and have babies soon. I will definitely put the basket up in a tree once the babies are finished using it so that it can be used again.

Source: Me: Amazed once again at the wonders of wildlife!

By Lee from Jesup, GA

bird nest basket

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 7

Last year a bird built a nest on top of the electrical box, which is just under the gutters. This year another bird claimed it as her home and today I found the new babies just hatched, how cute.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 7

I noticed that each time I entered my garden shed, a house finch flew out. I was puzzled for a while. Then, I discovered just what was going on.

Mother finch had built a nest in an old quart jar. After taking these pictures, I carefully repositioned the jar as I found it.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 8

We put up a little birdhouse and a local robin deemed it to be the ideal spot for building her nest.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 3

I saw a squirrel and robin fighting. I found it very odd and looked around the area where I saw it happening. Inside the bush was a mother robin sitting on a nest.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 7

I was dog sitting the house across the street. When I took their dog out the first morning, at their huge gas grill I heard a thumping noise. A bird flew out and sat nearby as I opened the grill. This is such a beautiful sign of spring.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 5

This year, a pair of house finches have "set up housekeeping" in one of our front yard garden hanging baskets with geraniums. There are 5 eggs and they will hatch in about 2 weeks.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 4

This isn't really a tip, but I really wanted to share this picture. Apparently these birds took extra care when decorating their nest for their new baby.

See the flowers that are woven into the nest!

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes

This motorcycle helmet was found in our garage with a bird nest and baby eggs in it. We hung it in a tree!

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes

This is the picture of a bird trying to find twigs and build a nest in the water. She manages to find the twig and is struggling to get it... and all this is happening with about hundreds of people looking around the bird and she does not care as she is sure of not being hurt by anyone.

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? Yes